Friday, October 3, 2008

Our Wedding Day

September 20, 2008
Its official ….We are now Mr. and Mrs. Marco Morley


It was the most amazing day...especially when I saw the look on Marco's face when I was walking down the isle. It was amazing to not only know he loves me but to see it in his face!! He is a wonderful friend, companion, and HUSBAND!!

Getting ready to walk down the isle


My little niece Samantha Nuvan


My two flower girls: Samantha Nuvan, Peyton Callister and my two bridesmaids Jessie Nuvan, and Kiernan Callister.


Man Marco looked good in his tuxedo… I think the look on my face says it all.





The most memorable thing during the ceremony was when Marco reached over and held my hand....this seriously made my heart melt. And I am sure he needed someone to hold him up since he was ready to pass out from the anxiety of how many people actually attended the ceremony. What a turn out. We are truly lucky to have family and friends that love us enough to sit out in the rain to see our ceremony...or was it because they all wanted to make sure we were serious about getting married ;)



The Kiss

We got the opportunity following the ceremony to exchange rings....and it was a neat feeling that this ring has symbolized two things to me in the past 3 months....1st...a promise to make a commitment... and 2nd the fulfillment of that promise and to always keep it. As cheesy as it sounds every time I look at my wedding ring I think of Marco and it makes my heart smile.







Bishop Alder introduced us for the first time as the Morley’s

Following the ceremony I got the opportunity to to talk to my Sister Tracey Whitley in Nashville. Her family did not get the opportunity to come to the ceremony, but she got to listen by phone. Many people wondered why Challene was standing up by the arch during the ceremony, and this was to hold the phone so my sister could hear the ceremony.

My dad was so emotional during the ceremony and even afterwards, I know that he was happy that I and Marco finally found one another and we were both happy.

My father loves Marco and he is the “golden child” to my family….he can do no wrong.







My mom Rosemary Ulibarri

My “new dad” Howard Morley




“Some things never change” I am arguing with my brother about being late to the wedding and he was mad at me for not waiting… both of us are NEVER on time. But I love him especially when he gives me one of his hugs.




My brother Greg Ulibarri showing his proud father face as he shows off his new daughter Mallory.

Marco loves Grandpa Morley more than I could ever express in words. It made Marco so happy to see him smile so much.


My new niece Mallory Lynne Ulibarri born September 11th, 2008. Her mom Lesley was even nice enough to dress her up in our wedding colors. That was the best wedding gift....since I did not think they were going to bring her to the wedding.


I love Grandpa…he is so cute.





Grandpa must be giving Marco some good advice

Getting ready for the reception. We are so blessed to have family like Shauna, Trish, Challene, and Chelsea that helped so much with the reception and made it look beautiful. We love you guys!!


Aunt Maria


Flower was very interested in knowing just what I could possibly be hiding under my dress.





Our nephew Raab was making sure there was plenty of water in the bucket….or was that plenty of dirt in the bucket??? We love you Raab


Marco getting a little advice by my 2nd mom Norene Calvert.
The Ulibarri’s


The Morley’s



I could not stop laughing because of what Grandpa said…Our little secret!



Shauna and Ric Morley (Marco’s Aunt and Uncle)


Robert and Rosemary Ulibarri (Stephanie’s Mom and Dad)

The Calvert Family (Stephanie’s 2nd Family)


Challene Calvert (Best Friend and Sister)


Who can resist a crazy picture…you can’t be serious all day (Sorry Norene)




Our cute centerpieces that came together with the help of Challene and Shauna and Trish… thanks you guys!!!


The ice cream buffet was great: 6 flavors of ice cream ( Chocolate, Vanilla, Mint Chocolate Chip, Cookies and Cream, Butter Pecan, and of course Bubble Gum) with 3 toppings ( Hot Fudge, Carmel and Strawberries)




We caught Howard in the middle of enjoying his ice cream… classic!!



Pictures of all the mothers and sisters on their wedding day from both families. I got this cool idea from my friend Jessica Wiseman years ago.
These are all of the pictures that were displayed on the tables:

Grandma Archuleta (Stephanie’s Maternal Grandmother)


Lucia Morley ( Marco’s Mom)

Rosemary Ulibarri (Stephanie’s Mom)

Bonnie Fullmer (Marco’s Second Mom)


Challene Nuvan ( Stephanie’s Second Sister)

Chelsea Morley ( Sister in Law)


Lesley Ulibarri ( Sister In Law)


Shauna Morley ( Shauna-Mom our Second Mom)
We also had pictures of Stephanie's Sister Tracey Whitley, Norene Calvert (Steph's second mom) and Marco's Aunt Terri Clark (she is the one responsible for introducing us....Thanks Aunt Terri...we love you) but unfortunately I did not have them scanned to put them in the blog. :(

Grandpa signing as a witness for marriage Certificate


Robert Ulibarri signing as a witness for marriage Certificate



Signing our marriage certificate


Marco wanted to have something extra ordinary for the wedding cake. He had an idea to place a digital picture frame inside the cake. To be honest I was very scared how it would turn out but I told him he could do anything with the cake that he wanted. So we meshed our two ideas together…my idea for terms of endearments and his for the photo frame. And I must say he is rather proud of the cake…it was a hit…everyone thought the cake was AWESOME. Also many people thought the cake was fake… but it was real.





Marco is laughing because he has been telling me for weeks to prepare to have my face slammed with cake. And I had been begging for weeks for him not to… in fact at this very moment I said

“ Please honey, please don’t do it” and him being a wonderful husband that he is agreed not to do it....but............

I’ll I have to say is MY PLAN WORKED AND MAN DID I SLAM THAT CAKE IN HIS FACE!!!
He immediately told me that I told my first lie as a married couple….Sorry ;) but it was well worth it!!

YUMMMY!!! Red Velvet Cake with Cream filling





We'll that is the wedding in a nutshell....we want to Thank everyone for coming to the wedding and reception. We love you all...and we especially miss everyone that could not make it.

Love,
The Morley's










































































































































































































4 comments:

Jessica Simonsen Howard said...

Great job Steph. You did a great job with your post. I look forward to seeing more pictures and keeping up with you both.

The Olsen Family said...

It is wonderful to have you in the family. I love the name

Unknown said...

congratulations, it looked like a beautiful wedding. I know this may seem strange, but i'm an old friend of marco's. I been trying to get in contact with him and found your blog. Could you give him my email adress. fespana@gmail.com

thank you
Florentino

ang :o) said...

I just stumbled upon your blog. That was an amazing wedding and you both look incredible. Those photos of Flower cracked me up. I didn't get any of her doing that and she talked about your dress for weeks Stephanie! Congrats on the baby! :)